Here is my short write up of my experience at the movie premiere in Hollywood and my impressions of Silent Hill: Revelation.
Last night I went to the premiere showing of Silent Hill: Revelation. The experience was amazing! I got to meet composer Akira Yamaoka, director Michael J Bassett, and producer Samuel Hadida! It was a pretty overwhelming night to begin with. What makes me sad is I didnt have a good camera and after taking pictures of the Japanese restaurant me and my co-worker ate at my camera pooped out and died. :/ I really wish my girlfriend had been there so I could have not just have had photos but could have live streamed them. :/ Its a bummer I didn’t know I was invited sooner. I saw Whitney from Historical Society as I was walking into the theater at 7:25 P.M. so I was unable to jump up and say hi, before or after, because my Co-worker had to work the next morning so we left right away after the movie.
Now for the movie…
Cinematics: I have to give praise to Hadida for this probably because the films effects and visuals were amazing. I saw Hadida’s recent Resident Evil movie retribution and it had the similar stunning visuals. The 3D looks so good and really draws you in. You can tell it wasnt fake gimmicky 3D.
Acting: I had issues with Kit Harington’s acting in the film maybe it was just the pacing of the film. It was also obvious he was hiding an accent. Malcolm McDowell’s scene is one of if not the best part in the film!
Score: The music was very good. The movie gives you 75%-85% new music which sounded very theatrical. They do throw in some music familiar to people who saw the first film.
Story/Adaptation: I really liked Michael J Bassett’s adaptation it must have been difficult to stay true to the first film while also staying true to the third game. It actually goes into a lot of the lore and mythology behind the order! Vincent’s role in the film really does work with this version or adaptation in the film and thought it was pretty clever though I think they revealed his secret a bit soon in the progression of the film. The film itself goes by pretty quick almost like a series of short films or little chapters. I felt Douglas wasnt in the film enough but i guess its just how this adaptation was. I loved the little cameo and the couple of game references at the end!
The movie was over all a 50/50 game and movie experience and definitely didnt leave me disappointed and not just because the whole night was amazing. I will be going again at midnight tonight to see in XD so I will have a FULL REVIEW with a score then this weekend when i am on my home computer. But if you are wondering if you should go or if its worth it, it most certainly is!
Sorry I couldnt have pictures for you guys it makes me just as sad and Sorry Whitney I wasnt able to meet up with you :/ I blame my co-worker for not leaving early enough to be prepared for everything that was going to be going on.
50 Notes/ Hide
- darkraven109 likes this
- silenthaven likes this
- moshi-moshi-santa-desu reblogged this from silenthaven
- the-little-lion-that-could likes this
- kitgotme reblogged this from silenthaven and added:
- eyelesshear-t reblogged this from silenthaven
- kintinkinti likes this
- iwasntborntohaveablog likes this
- iwasntborntohaveablog reblogged this from silenthaven
- siderealtime likes this
- ohwowimamazin likes this
- castleraingamer likes this
- feralworks likes this
- blackcatkai reblogged this from silenthaven
- blackcatkai likes this
- spookygoo likes this
- lipstickonbroomsticks likes this
- grey-foxx likes this
- ballpointkatana likes this
- reaganwarren reblogged this from silenthaven
- lechocobo said: Glad to hear it was good! Extremely jealous yo met Akira! He’s so brilliant! Will have to check this out, in 3D!
- kat61687 likes this
- ask-alessa-gillespie reblogged this from silenthaven
- direwolfandowl likes this
- mandoomonk likes this
- unikitt3h likes this
- crowcockatiel reblogged this from silenthaven and added:
- crowcockatiel likes this
- comitateus likes this
- sheepy-mareep likes this
- disco-dancer-donna likes this
- popofromsoho reblogged this from silenthaven
- kitsune-frost likes this
- electric-sympathy said: I’m hearing so many contrary reviews! Other people are saying the exact opposite, have you read Wolfinagorillasuit’s review?
- chirikalovesjill said: Your score then? Did they use any music from the game?
- eyes-like-cyanide reblogged this from silenthaven
- autumnalequinox likes this
- chirikalovesjill likes this
- arinickulousblog likes this
- coulson-no reblogged this from silenthaven
- milkkky likes this
- gyye likes this
- sgt--bucky likes this
- theomeganerd likes this
- silenthaven posted this